Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My dreaded gap has finally closed!

I went for my regular adjustment appointment on Monday and as usual I had my power chains replaced.  Now I love it when I get my power chains replaced, mostly because they are fresh and white and everything looks a lot nicer.  Then, this morning when I woke (only two days later) I noticed that the gap in between my front teeth has completely closed.  The fresh power chains had done their job to pull that remaining 0.25mm gap together!

That's a total of 478 days (or 1 year, 3 months and 22 days) from when I stopped expanding on April 8th 2013 to the gap being finally closed.  Phew!  Of course this is still not the end - I still have my big surgery to go, but it's a milestone nonetheless.

Here's a photo of my now gapless smile.


6 comments:

  1. that's such a long journey hey Andy, congratulations for all the effort. the results are really visible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - however the biggest part is still to come!

      Delete
  2. really? what else are you planning if you dont mind my asking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having double jaw surgery, a septoplasty and a genioplasty. My upper jaw is having bone removed and being taken upwards and backwards to get rid of my gummy smile and to also correct my overbite. My lower jaw is being split and extended forwards. They will then realign my deviated septum and give me a chin implant to balance everything out.

      Delete
  3. Hi Andy, I am from the Netherlands and had my SARME about two weeks ago. Your story boosts my confidence as I am now also going through the phase where people are staring. I just smile and ask hey whats up! Knowing this is only temporary and reading successtories such as yours motivates me.

    What is the status of your double jaw surgery?

    I know updating blogs are time consuming. Ive also started a blog: www.mijnbovenkaakverbreding.wordpress.com It is however in Dutch..

    take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      I had a look at your blog and used Google translate. While translate doesn't do a fantastic job, I've still been able to understand! I'm glad that the blog has been a help to you. I have my surgery booked in for October 16th.

      Andy

      Delete

Please show me the love by leaving a comment, question or just a rambling thought. Please note that any abusive posts will be removed :)