Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 3: There's no place like home

Sunday - three days after surgery and I was ready to go home.  In fact not only was I ready to go home, but I just had to get out of that hospital.  The food was bland, the bed was uncomfortable and I was completely bored!  I must have seen the same daytime TV shows over and over again and while I had brought my laptop, I had left my hard drive at home with all of my movies.  On a positive note though, I can now tell you everything about personal blenders, carpet cleaners and frying pans made from stone.

Luckily for me, the checkout process is just as fast as the check-in.  The nurse came and removed the valve from my hand and I removed (rather painfully) all of the sticky pads from my chest.  I packed (how did I end up with so much stuff) and waited for some friends to come by and pick me up.  I had time for a couple of selfies before I was collecting my drugs and on my way home.


As you can see my face is still very swollen but I am starting to talk clearer as each day passes.  I still have a lot of numbness all over the lower part of my face and this is to be expected for a number of weeks.

Finally I was back in my own apartment and it felt good!  I made a smoothie before sleeping on and off for the remainder of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show me the love by leaving a comment, question or just a rambling thought. Please note that any abusive posts will be removed :)