Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 5: It's all yellow

Today I've noticed a couple of things:

  • I'm becoming very bruised on my arms, neck and chest - a good sign that my body is healing.
  • My face is starting to tingle in different places and there is an itch I cannot scratch.
  • The shape of my face is changing each day and I wonder what the final result will be.
  • I absolutely need a shave although I'm also liking this rugged, manly look on me.

       

I'm getting quite used to this whole liquid diet and the weight is dropping off pretty quickly.  If there is one suggestion I can make to anyone about to go through this surgery, it is to bulk up beforehand.  I purposely put on 5kg (11 pounds), but I'm losing it pretty quickly and feel like I should be writing a Bridget Jones style diary: 



OK, maybe not.

Today I participated in a little outdoor exercise as I felt that the swelling had gone down enough to not make children scream.  And by a little bit of exercise I mean walking to the car and back.  This completely exhausted me.  Although Cindi and I are packing lots of nutrients into my smoothies we realised that I need more protein - cue an online order of 1kg of whey protein isolate.  We are by no means nutritionists - although Cindi does know a lot about health, but packing more protein and fibre into my liquid meals will ensure that I feel satisfied for longer while at the same time giving sustained energy release.  Compare that to sugars and carbohydrates that give a quick burst of energy that then decline rather rapidly.

Anyhow here is an updated photo of how I am looking so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please show me the love by leaving a comment, question or just a rambling thought. Please note that any abusive posts will be removed :)